Monday, August 5, 2013

There Be Changes in the Air...

It seems as though so many people are going through changes lately. Whether there is something in the water, the stars alignment or whatever you believe in I have found that it is MY TIME!
 My weight and  my financial situation are the two that I am talking about for me. So I am about to embark on a journey and I figured that I needed to be accountable to someone and who better than myself. 
I have decided that blogging about my journey with weight loss and business is right for me. I know that sounds like an unlikely combination but you just NEVER know...right? Crazier things have worked and worked well. 

Let's go back to the beginning and I will introduce you to me. 

I am going to be 34 this month and I was raised in a small town in Southern Alberta. Everyone knew everyone and it was great. I had many positive influences in my life as a small child. The friends that I made growing up were awesome and the adults that were there have made a lasting impression. I always felt that there was more out there for me. I knew from a very young age that Southern Alberta was not going to be where I was going to put down my roots and raise my family.    

When I was 15 years old my parents had to make some hard decisions and my mom, brother and sisters and I moved to Utah. That was a real shock to the system...HOLY PEOPLE! We were still busy and things seemed to be pretty good. I grew up faster than I really needed to and figured that it was time to move out of the house when I was 17. I thought I was ready and now when I look back I know that I was not. Hindsight right...lol!
Not fat...LOL!

When I was 17 yr old, I met my now ex- husband and something inside of me changed. I look back and know that I did not know who I was and I was entering into a co-dependent relationship that was not healthy. Again, I was too young to know what I was doing and just going with the flow as kids do. That is when I started to gain weight. I feel that I started to use the weight as a shield. Things were not picture perfect in my marriage and that in my mind felt like a failure. Again...I was young. 

My first marriage ended and I was able to find ME after that mess as well as find the LOVE of my LIFE and that has been great but I have continued to hold onto the weight. I have this wall up and I am not sure what is keeping me from letting it come crumbling down.

In March of this past year my mom introduced me to a company that has begun to change my life. It started out with my face. I had all of these little bumps all over my cheeks and I was so embarrassed. I tried make-up after make-up and nothing changed. I tried different face products and NOTHING was working. I was on my last straw. That is when my mom gave me a bottle of Skincerity and my skin started to change within the first week. 

I started to do some digging and the more that I dug and looked into the Company and the people I was amazed. I had when I consider a very big AH HA moment when I decided that I was going to become a part of this company. I spent 2 days crying and acting crazy!! When I decided that I was going to let nothing get in my way of becoming a part of this Company all of the sudden the crazy switch turned off and I was normal again.(A normal as I can be...HAHAHA) I have become an independent distributor for NuCerity International. I have attached the link if you would like to know more. http://lindsayturner.mynucerity.biz/nucerity/  I have looked and the founders and they are smart men with NO failures in business. The company has NO debt. I am very appreciative that they took the business to Canada first to show that you can make this work before bringing it into Utah, I can say that this is NOT a new business, it is just new to Utah. Plus, I  LOVE LOVE LOVE the products that they have produced. 

This was after 1 week :)

So this is where I stand...I am laying it all on the table because I refuse to come short of what I am meant to be. I invite you to join me on my journey of up's and down with my weight (hopefully more downs than ups) and the  building of a business here in Utah. 


Here is ME now and I will post regularly so that you are able to see the progress. 

                                                     Loves, 
                                                    Lindz







1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, thank you for sharing your blog!!! You are such an amazing woman and I loved getting to know you more last weekend! i am excited for you and am excited that we get to work together!

    ReplyDelete