Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Start of a New Year!!!

There have been so many great things that have been going on in our family the past year. I am hoping to keep this going so that family and friends that do not live close or are just interested in what is going on can be kept informed. 

The BIG event was that TJ was able to adopt Jensyn, Charley and Cooper on 
December 21st. 

This was an extremely wonderful event. They are so proud to have TJ as their father. He is a truly amazing man. 

I am sure that some are wondering why TJ has adopted the kids. Well...there is a long and not so easy to tell story that leads up to the adoption. The long and short of it is that drugs changed a person, I had to do what was necessary to keep children safe. Now the kids have an amazing example of a man and father to raise them who loves them unconditionally. 

We have so much going on. TJ is away at work often and I am home to man the fort. I have to admit that it is SOOOO nice when he is home. We miss him like crazy when he is gone. 

Jensyn is in 8th grade and doing awesome. Her GPA was a 3.8 this past semester. She is working hard and I think that she is really enjoying school. Her passion is volleyball and I have to say she is not too bad. We measured her this past weekend and she is no 5'10"... not my little girl anymore. 


Charley is in 5th grade and is as sassy as ever! I am quite worried because out of the three of my kids she is the MOST like me. (I am really in for it!!) She is trying volleyball this year and is learning really quickly. She has very athletic and catches on to the skills fast. It will be fun to watch how she plays by the end of the season. She can hardly wait to get her uniform and play in her first tournament. She is such a sweet kid. 






Cooper is now in 3rd grade and most think that he is a 5-6th grader. When he started the new school this year he was so frustrated that he would get asked everyday if he was held back because he is so much bigger then the other kids. He is so funny. He played football this past fall and fell in love with it. The coaches really liked him too. He started out not knowing much but worked his guts out so that he was able to play starting defense and offense. He is now playing basketball and is having a lot of fun with that as well. His first game the ref was convinced that Cooper was in the wrong gym...thinking that he was supposed to be on the other side playing with the older kids! I have a feeling that we may get that a lot until he is a little older. 















No comments:

Post a Comment